Lately, I’ve been making a concerted effort to see my backyard, the United States of America. While I love a great international trip and getting passport stamps, there’s a lot of beauty right here in the U.S. that I want to see and explore. Enters Lake Tahoe; full of charm, peace, and serenity for my birthday in September.
I stayed in a beautiful cabin with panoramic lake and mountain views; waking up every morning to beautiful sunrises and ending it with amazing sunsets. It was a little more chilly than this Caribbean girl is used to, but I live in Florida, and anything under 75 degrees is brutal. It was interesting learning about black bears as there was a possibility of sighting one. However, that did not occur.
Where to Stay
- You’re in Lake Tahoe; a cabin is a must. You can rent one on several home sharing sites, try Innclusive
Things To Do
- Emerald Bay State Park
- Tallac Historic Site
- The Gondola at Heavenly
- Take a scenic drive to Inspiration Point Vista
- Casinos…there are many!!!
Where to Eat
- Sombreros: Best corn tortilla I’ve ever had
- Driftwood Cafe: There’s a long wait so go early, I had the best hash brown here
- Harumi Sushi: The Zephyr Cove and the Elk Point are amazing
- If I have to rent a car, it doesn’t feel like a vacation. However, an exception should be made here. The best way to get around Lake Tahoe was by renting a car. This option gives you the flexibility of capturing all of the beauty around you. Uber is available but expensive.
I did experience a mild form of altitude sickness, so if you’re coming from a lower altitude, take it easy, drink lots of fluid, eat well, and rest up; there’s just so much beauty to see.
Three things: views, views, views.
Enjoy the pictures.
So much history and beauty in one place!
Until next time,